Bixby is a virtual assistant that learns, evolves, and adapts to you. It learns your routines, helps you set up reminders based on time and location, and is built into your favorite apps. Bixby is the Samsung intelligence assistant first introduced on the Galaxy S8 and S8+.
You can interact with Bixby using your voice, text, or taps. It’s deeply integrated into the phone, meaning that Bixby is able to carry out a lot of the tasks you do on your phone. The dedicated Bixby button on the left is a handy way to call up Bixby. A short press on the Bixby button takes you to the Bixby main page.
How to use Bixby:
- From a Home screen, press and hold the Side key.
TIP- You can also access Bixby from the Apps list.
You can use Bixby to show you information or change device settings based on where you are and what you are doing.
- From Settings, tap Advanced features > Bixby Routines.
Bixby is integrated with your Camera, Gallery, and Internet apps to give you a deeper
understanding of what you see. It provides contextual icons for translation, QR code
detection, landmark recognition, or shopping.
Bixby Vision is available on the Camera viewfinder to help understand what you see.
- From Camera, tap More > Bixby Vision and follow the prompts.
Bixby Vision can be used on pictures and images saved in the Gallery app.
- From the Gallery, tap a picture to view it.
- Tap Bixby Vision and follow the prompts.
Bixby Vision can help you find out more about an image you find in the Internet app.
- From the Internet, touch and hold an image until a pop-up menu is displayed.
- Tap Bixby Vision and follow the prompts.
Bixby service availability may vary depending on the country. It recognizes selected languages and certain accents/dialects. The user interface may change and differ by a device availability of Bixby features and content providers may vary depending on country/carrier/language/device model/OS version.
Samsung Account log-in and data network connection (Wi-Fi or data network) required. Bixby controls selected apps, other apps to be supported.
Mastering Smartphone Screen Issues: DIY Hacks with Samsung’s Digital Service Center
What if your smartphone’s touchscreen isn’t working properly, and you can’t manage the time to visit a service center? Don’t worry, you can effortlessly ensure optimal device health and get personalized support right at your fingertips by using Samsung’s Digital Service Center.
Here are DIY hacks that would ensure smooth functioning of your smartphone’s screen:
Screen doesn’t detect single-finger touches
- It’s possible that ‘TalkBack’ feature might be on. To disable ‘TalkBack’, tap on the settings icon once to select, followed by a double tap to open it.
- Scroll down and open ‘Accessibility’ and go to ‘Installed Apps’. Double tap on ‘TalkBack’ and then tap once on the on and off switch at the top right.
- Tap on ‘Turn off,’ and the ‘TalkBack’ feature will be disabled. You can also turn off ‘TalkBack’ using Bixby by simply pressing and holding the Bixby button and saying “Turn off TalkBack”.
Display’s touch sensitivity is too low
- Any attachment to the screen may affect the touch sensitivity of the device. But the touch sensitivity can be easily changed by following a series of simple steps.
- Navigate to ‘Setting’ and select ‘Display’. Scroll down to find the option for ‘Touch Sensitivity’ and toggle it on.
- If the touch sensitivity issue persists, try removing your phone’s screen guard and retesting your phone.
Screen doesn’t detect S-Pen input
- Any third-party accessories with a magnetic component, such as a phone cover, can affect S Pen recognition.
- To fix this, remove the accessory and install a Samsung-authorized cover, and try again.
- For optimal S Pen performance, avoid exposure to magnetic objects.
Download One UI 5.1.1 Always On Display with new clock styles
Samsung’s latest foldable smartphones come preinstalled with One UI 5.1.1. This new software comes with improved animations, some new useful features, and usability improvements. In addition, the One UI 5.1.1 brings a new Always On Display Clock Style and revamps one, which is available for download.
One UI 5.1.1 enhances the circular dial Always On Display clock, bringing the same-sized clock numbers. Besides, it adds a new clock style, which is in a horizontal arrangement and showcases time and date along with the day. The latest version of the Always On Display app brings new clock styles to One UI 5.1 phones.
Using the download link, you can download the APK file of the Always On Display app version 184.108.40.206 via mega.nz (via tarunvats33). Hopefully, Samsung will bring the new additions to Galaxy users with future update to the One UI’s AOD app.
- Always On Display v220.127.116.11 — Download [mega]
Follow our socials:
How to remove Moisture or Foreign Material from Samsung phone
Thanks to intelligent software, Samsung phones showcase necessary prompts that help you avoid major damage. Similarly, here’s a common notice, which appears on Samsung devices when it detects moisture due to water insertion or dust particles near the charging port.
No doubt, moisture may impact the performance of your device if not handled with care. Commonly, moisture may be accumulated inside the charging ports, under the screen, inside the headphone jack, and behind the camera lenses.
Therefore, it’s advised to protect your phone from moisture by placing it inside a waterproof zip-lock pouch while traveling in rainy weather. You should also avoid using your Galaxy device with wet hands. In case you find that moisture has accumulated in your phone, then follow the tips given below.
Steps to remove moisture
If the charging port has moisture, a pop-up will appear on your device.
Warning: Don’t use charging/USB port
We’ve detected moisture or foreign material in your charging/USB port. Check your charging/USB port for any foreign material such as dust or debris. To prevent damage to your phone, don’t plug anything in until the charging port is clean, the moisture is gone, and the notification is cleared.
To dry the port, shake out any moisture, then wait for it to dry, which could take several hours. You can speed up during by pointing a fan or dryer (cool air only) at the port.
In the meantime, you can charge your phone wirelessly.
Follow our socials:
To dry the port, gently shake out the moisture, and then wait for it to dry. Wait for moisture to evaporate, however, it could take several hours. Unplug all cables or accessories. Do not plug them in again until the handset is completely dry.
Clean your device: Clean the glass, ceramic, and metallic surfaces of your device with a lint-free microfiber cloth. Try charging the device after a few hours. If you see the alert again, it is possible that there may still be moisture inside the port.
In that case, you need to get in touch with our Samsung customer care for further assistance or visit the nearest Samsung service center.